Serving the Greater Lehigh Valley and Pocono Region for Over 70 Years!
A family owned and operated business, Rock Hill Materials Co. was incorporated on January 9th 1947. One of the subscribing founders was Arch Buskirk. In 1947 operations consisted of the Quakertown and newly erected Parryville plants. In the Fall of 1958 the Catasauqua plant opened supplying concrete for Main Street in Northampton, which is still in service today. The 60's found Rock Hill upgrading facilities and its mixer fleet. In 1976 Rock Hill expanded with the opening of its Bossardsville plant.
Rock Hill Trucking was formed operating under P.U.C. rights in 1983. In the Spring of 1985 Rock Hill expanded once again with the purchase of its Tamaqua plant. Rock Hill showed its ability to be flexible with the construction industry with the production of concrete from its newly formed mobile division in 1995. 1996 found Rock Hill adding another portable plant to its arsenal while expanding to its present over 2,500 square mile market area and 7 stationary plants with the opening of its Mt. Pocono plant. By the end of the century Rock Hill added a twin barrel paving plant to its 3 plant mobile division and started the addition of front discharge mixers to its fleet of over 50 mixers. The key to Rock Hill's success, however, has been people. Our focus on customer satisfaction and our promotion of employee satisfaction have together allowed us to reap a multitude of benefits. It is people that determine our destiny at the same time determining their own destiny. People are our most valuable resource.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
Aaron Barnes, P.E.
A concrete Supplier who has demonstrated professionalism, attention to detail and material ingenuity having worked in close coordination with Urban Engineers, Inc. on several projects...
Rock Hill Concrete not only met but exceeded expectations on each project. Concrete material, produced for project specific needs and applications, was delivered reliably and in consistent fashion for each and every placement.